I'm Baaa-aack! :-)

Hi!

I know, I know. I've been away for quite a while but I have been crazy busy with life putting my work on my next novel, The Doctor, on hold. 

First off, I'd like to thank those of you who thoughtfully reached out with well-wishes for my mom.  She was very ill recently due to cardiac issues and she almost died, not just once but twice within the last month. Thankfully, Mom had a number of procedures done and an upgrade to her defibrillator/pacemaker and she is on the mend. 

As a result of my mom's illness, which occurred the last week in June and went on all through the first two weeks or so into July,  I stopped working on everything and let stuff fall to the side since I was spending all of my time at the hospital and handling my mother's affairs while she was admitted. I didn't eat well nor did I get much sleep because everything was very touch-and-go for quite a while while I stayed at my mother's bedside and conferred with her doctors.

It was a very, very rough month for both of us and I am just so grateful to have my beautiful mother back home and seemingly no worse for the wear! 


Now, as for Shelter - my latest novel which as you all know was released in mid-February, has been doing pretty well and I thank those of you who have taken the time to review it. 

A few people didn't like it so much(comes with the territory) and unfortunately, I got the dreaded 1-star review, but I do realize that not everyone can be pleased and it's cool.   

But, bygones!

I kept it moving forward and released an audiobook version of Shelter! I wouldn't have believed it could actually happen, but I managed to get it done.   I had narrators audition for Shelter back in April and over the spring and early summer it really came to life nicely!

Narrated by J.Bruce McRell, Shelter Audiobook was released to Audible on July 16th.   So far so good with reviews and sales, so that makes me very happy.  

If you want to check it out, you can actually get the audiobook for FREE(as your first audiobook) by signing up with Audible by clicking right here.  If you do get it, please feel free to review it as I would greatly appreciate it.

Shelter even got nominated in a book cover contest at AllAuthor. There's still time, so if you think my cover is awesome please vote me through to the next round! Thanks!

And now for even more exciting news! I have gotten about three-quarters of the way through the outline of my next novel, The Doctor. I am hoping to release this chilling suspense thriller sometime in 2020.  

The schedule has shifted a bit due to everything that just happened with my mom and all, but the goal remains the same. I plan to release at least one book a year and believe it or not, I am already outlining the next book after this one. 

I can't reveal the title or cover yet, but trust me it's going to be one helluva story! In fact, I am considering writing them both at the same time(even though it's two completely different stories, this second one keeps playing in my head like a movie. It's crazy!)but this other book will most likely be released in early 2021. So, keep that in mind.

One last thing.  I don't know if you guys know but I am on BookBub. If you want to keep up to date with my book releases and find other suspense and thriller authors to read you definitely want to hear what I am about to say next.  

There is a contest that I am in that is running from August 15 - September 15th where you can win a FREE $250 Amazon Gift Card! Use it for anything you want, all you've gotta do is follow me on BookBub to enter. That's it!  And please, feel free to share this info. The more people that join the fun, the better.

I know this is a loooong post, but as I said it has been crazy around here and I am happy that I am able to resume things.  I'll be posting here regularly as I get back into my groove and get reorganized.   As always, feel free to shoot me an email at authorerica@ericarstinson.com anytime!

Laters!

Erica :-) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

✨Exciting Updates and an Exclusive Opportunity: Get an ARC Copy of 'Wide Angle'📚

📚 Pre-Order Alert: "Wide Angle" - A Psychological Thriller You Don't Want to Miss! 📚

📚A July of Triumphs and Adventures: From Writing Success to Alaskan Exploration📚